Lifestyle - Fashion - Hair - Animals

Friday 1 July 2011

I wanna be a Burlesque Star!

Hi All!

I'm having one of those moments in my life where I wish I was someone else or lived somewhere else doing something other then tapping on a keyboard 9 hours a day as a career - i'm not saying that I don't enjoy my job because I do, it's just sometimes I wish my life was more exciting. I'm sure we all experience these days. And I haven't seen the recent film Burlesque either so this idea has not spouted from watching that haha.




We all know that this style of dancing is basically a form of striptease, but I find it so much more glamourous to that of a stripper in a lap dancing club personally. I know both types of dancers get paid to reveal parts of their bodies to others but there is just SOMETHING about Burlesque dancing I love. And mix that up with another passion of mine which is singing then you have a cabaret style performance.

Over the decades many a lady have graced the stage in the most beautiful attire such as corsets, stockings, feather boas, fasicnators, high heels and so on. I adore lingerie and have a few items that are strictly for the bedroom (as you do) and wish I had the kind of money that can be spent in places like Agent Provocateur but for now I will make do with Ann Summers and reasonably priced online boutique. Take a peek at these styled outfits.....











If you were not aware one of the original and well known dancers is this style is Lili St. Cyr who perfomed in the art in the 1940's and 1950's....





Since then there have not been many worldwide famous dancers until more recent years when Dita Von Teese came on the scene...




The musical Chicago was made into a movie and it is one of my favourite films to date. Although the women are not stripping they perform in a cabaret style in fab outfits...




And finally the Pussycat Dolls rocked it worldwide with sell out tours wearing one of a kind outfits....




Basically in light of what tonight will bring for me and The Rockettes, we will be performing at the Embraced Burlesque Cabaret Show in Wolverhampton... very excited to say the least! So I get to wear a fab outfit and don't worry I will be uploading photos of attire and our performance etc.. you may even get a video post on it :o)

But what are your thoughts on Burlesque shows and clothes?


Doma-Nikki....x
Share:

2 comments

Saz said...

I LOVE Burlesque, I think it's so sexy, yet still classy at the same time.

Hope you have a fab night! Can't wait to hear about it! x

Anonymous said...

Burlesque for me is an entertainments art form I just love
the sexy vintage outfits and how it captivates the audience with the art of tease!

It's classy and good fun and it's the tease in striptease.

http://ginamaye.blogspot.com/

Blogger Template Created by pipdig