Lifestyle - Fashion - Hair - Animals

Tuesday 31 May 2011

Rant: False Lashes and False Advertising

Hi All!

In light of the recent news that yet another makeup brand, CoverGirl, have been caught out with false advertising of their most recent mascara to hit their shelves, I wanted to make a post about all this malarky because quite frankly i'm getting a bit cheesed off.

Now any makeup junkie like me knows full well that the majority if not all of the adverts we see on TV or in a magazine for new mascara's are used with false lashes be they a full strip, inserts or enhanced after production. I really don't understand why these companies do this to us, do they really think we can not tell the difference?

Take the CoverGirl advert in question.....





How hypocritical can they get? More like is your advert true or false!!!


If you have read any of my previous reviews on mascara's here and here then you will know my personal preference is that I do like to have long, full and voluminous lashes. My HG mascara's to achieve this are L'Oreal Voluminous, Benefit Bad Gal Lash or Bourjois Clubbing and they all do the trick in my opinion. Recently though I have been turning more towards false lashes and experimenting with different brands more often.

The adverts that have been released in recent years are laughable. In my opinion even if the companies state on their adverts that the models have had false lashes, inserts or lashes enhanced after production to cover their backs it still annoys me.

As a consumer I want the REAL effect of using a product not a photo of a female wearing false lashes. Just take a look at these.....









FALSE FALSE FALSE



This is where bloggings of honest reviews come into it, I much prefer to read a fellow bloggers thoughts of a product then go by a brands advertisement. Seeing real photos of the Before and After's we all love to see is what helps me decide on if a product is worth purchasing or not.

Sorry to rant, I never do this on my blog haha! Does anyone else get annoyed at these adverts? What are your opinions?

Doma-Nikki...x

All images sourced from Google
Share:

4 comments

Just Tsahi said...

Hey i appreciate this post! I absolutely hate to see mascara commercials as of late, it is too misleading.

mixnmatch1 said...

totally,totally agree,its really annoying,it doesnt make me want to purchase,quite the opposite in fact grrrr

pindi said...

OMG!its very nice of you to comment on that because ive never understood the motive behind false advertising and especially if you going to make it so obvious! i call it robbing people and misleading..

xoxo
pindig

Doma-Nikki said...

I'm glad you all agree ladies! Didn't want to rant too much but it's so annoying :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig